When in disgrace with fortune and men’s eyes
I all alone beweep my outcast state
And trouble deaf heaven with my bootless cries
And look upon myself and curse my fate
Wishing me like to one more rich in hope
Featured like him, like him with friends possessed
Desiring this man’s art, and that man’s scope
With what I most enjoy contented least
Yet in these thoughts myself almost despising
Haply I think on thee and then my state
Like to the lark at break of day arising
From sullen earth sings hymns at heaven’s gate
For thy sweet love remembered such wealth brings
That then I scorn to change my state with kings
Take All My Loves - 9 Shakespeare Sonnets
- When I Most Wink (Sonnet ..
- Take All My Loves (Sonnet..
- A Woman's Face (Sonnet 20..
- For Shame (Sonnet 10) [fe..
- When In Disgrace With For..
- A Woman's Face - Reprise ..
- Sonnet 43 [feat. Síán Phi..
- Sonnet 20 [feat. Frally H..
- Sonnet 10 [feat. Petr Eyr..
- Unperfect Actor (Sonnet 2..
- Sonnet 29 [feat. Carrie F..
- Sonnet 129 [feat. William..
- Th' Expense of Spirit in ..
- All Dessen Müd (Sonnet 66..
- Sonnet 87 [feat. Inge Kel..
- Farewell (Sonnet 87) [fea..