All my Heart this Night Rejoices - text
All my heart this night rejoices,
As I hear, far and near, sweetest angel voices;
“Christ is born,” their choirs are singing,
Till the air, everywhere, now their joy is ringing.
Forth today the Conqueror goeth,
Who the foe, sin and woe, death and hell, o’erthroweth.
God is man, man to deliver;
His dear Son now is one with our blood forever.
Shall we still dread God’s displeasure,
Who, to save, freely gave His most cherished Treasure?
To redeem us, He hath given
His own Son from the throne of His might in Heaven.
Should He who Himself imparted
Aught withhold from the fold, leave us broken hearted?
Should the Son of God not love us,
Who, to cheer sufferers here, left His throne above us?
If our blessèd Lord and Maker
Hated men, would He then be of flesh partaker?
If He in our woe delighted,
Would He bear all the care of our race benighted?
He becomes the Lamb that taketh
Sin away and for aye full atonement maketh.
For our life His own He tenders
And our race, by His grace, meet for glory renders.
For it dawns, the promised morrow
Of His birth, Who the earth rescues from her sorrow.
God to wear our form descendeth;
Of His grace to our race here His Son He sendeth.
Hark! a voice from yonder manger,
Soft and sweet, doth entreat, “Flee from woe and danger;
Brethren, come; from all that grieves you
You are freed; all you need I will surely give you.”
Come, then, let us hasten yonder;
Here let all, great and small, kneel in awe and wonder,
Love Him Who with love is yearning;
Hail the star that from far bright with hope is burning.
Blessèd Savior, let me find Thee!
Keep Thou me close to Thee, cast me not behind Thee!
Life of life, my heart Thou stillest,
Calm I rest on Thy breast, all this void Thou fillest.
Thee, dear Lord, with heed I’ll cherish;
Live to Thee and with Thee, dying, shall not perish;
But shall dwell with Thee for ever,
Far on high, in the joy that can alter never.
- Good King Wenceslas
- The Holly and the Ivy
- A Boy Is Born in Bethlehe..
- In The Bleak Midwinter
- A Day, a Day of Glory
- A Great and Mighty wonder
- All my Heart this Night R..
- As with Gladness Men of O..
- Ben Jonsons Carol
- Brightest and Best
- Carol of the Bells
- Come, all ye Shepherds
- Come, Ye Lofty
- Coventry Carol
- Cradled in a Manger meanl..
- Earth Today Rejoices
- From Heaven High O Angels..
- From Highest Heaven I Com..
- From the Eastern Mountain..
- It’s Christmas Day
- Gentle Mary Laid Her Chil..
- He Smiles Within His Crad..
- Here Is Joy For Every Age
- See Amid the Winter's Sno..
- Joseph Dearest, Joseph Mi..
- Joy to the World
- Let Earth and Heaven comb..
- Lo! He comes with Clouds ..
- Love Came Down at Christm..
- Maker Of The Sun And Moon
- O Remember Adams fall
- Praise the Saviour All ye..
- The Gloucestershire Wassa..
- Angels we have heard on h..
- The Manger Throne
- While by my Sheep I Watch..
- Glory be to God on High
- Unto Us A Boy Is Born