Galadriel's Song of Eldamar, I sang of leaves - text
I sang of leaves, of leaves of gold, and leaves of gold there grew:
Of wind I sang, a wind there came and in the branches blew.
Beyond the Sun, beyond the Moon, the foam was on the Sea,
And by the strand of Ilmarin there grew a golden Tree.
Beneath the stars of Ever-eve in Eldamar it shone,
In Eldamar beside the walls of Elven Tirion.
There long the golden leaves have grown upon the branching years,
While here beyond the Sundering Seas now falls the Elven-tears.
O Lórien! The Winter comes, the bare and the leafless Day;
The leaves are falling in the stream, the River flows away.
O Lórien! Too long I have dwelt upon this Hither Shore
And in a fading crown have twined the golden elanor.
But if of ships I now should sing, what ship would come to me,
What ship would bear me ever back across so wide a Sea?
An Evening in Rivendell
- Verse of the Rings
- The Old Walking Song
- Tom Bombadil's Song, Hey ..
- There is an inn, a merry ..
- Song of Beren and Lúthien
- Galadriel's Song of Eldam..
- Elven Hymn to Elbereth Gi..
- The Ent and the Ent-wife
- Sam's Rhyme of the Troll
- Galadriels song of Eldama..
- Sam's Song in the Orc-tow..
- The Old Walking Song, The..
- 1. Song of Durin
- 2. The Riddle of Strider (I)
- 3. An Elven Hymn to Elbereth..
- 4. Galadriels song of Eldama..
- 5. Lament for Boromir
- 6. Treebeard's Song"
- 7. Song of Beren and Lúthien
- 8. Song of Nimrodel
- 9. Song of Eärendil
- 10. Tom Bombadil's Song, Hey ..