The Rumjacks - Patron Saint O' Thieves - text
Strike these shackles from me uh-huh
Slide the bolt from out the door & tear down all the wire
My babys growin cold & im on fire
The aind that whistles off the hills & carries her perfume
Carries too a lonely carol badly out of tune
For just tonight beyond them walls id lay a mountain low
And sing to her like only i know how
So ill burn a paper lamp for her to see
Though shes left like a widow of a war that never was
Theres a light still burns in me
Who barter with the lives o men the battlers & the bludgers
Go haunt the dogs awhile they sleep & thrash em round to sense
Theres to many good bkys this side of the fence
Newly minted ner-do-wells & them born with the dangers
For ljvin less than fruitful lives, toppin less than faithful wives
A broken line o' fools that span the ages
For his sake wipe the dirty grin off that fat bastards jaw
For we're lovers of tradition & we might yet find a way
To hold them bloody keys come boxing day
Nezařazené v albu
- The Rumjacks - Crosses Fo..
- The Rumjacks - Plenty
- THE RUMJACKS I'll Tell me..
- The Rumjacks - Down With ..
- The Rumjacks - A Fistful ..
- The Rumjacks - Me Old Bal..
- The Rumjacks - An Irish P..
- The Rumjacks - Home
- The Rumjacks - Fact'ry Ja..
- The Rumjacks - Patron Sai..
- The Rumjacks - Uncle Tomm..
- Rumjacks - The Pot & Kett..
- The Rumjacks - My Time Ag..
- The Rumjacks - Blows & Un..