Hounded by hatred and trapped by fear
I'm in a box, I've got no place to go
If I follow my mind, I know I'll slaughter my own
I need somebody, yeah, to listen to me
I beg you, brothers and sisters
I'm counting on you, yeah
Chained by the caveman who keeps beauty down
Smacked on the ass when they're squalling and wet
Heir to a spineless man who never forgets
'Cause I need somebody, Lord knows, to listen to me
I'm a stranger to my son
Who wonders why his daddy runs, yeah
When I don't give a damn
Can't nobody, can't nobody
Can't nobody, can't nobody see just who in hell I am?
Ain't no wonder some times near morning I hear my woman cry
She knows her man is a prisoner, won't you hear my plea?
Yeah, 'cause I need somebody to listen to me
To see her man chained this way, yeah
Help me, I'm the prisoner
Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, I'm the prisoner
- The Revolution Will Not B..
- Save The Children
- Lady Day And John Coltran..
- Home Is Where The Hatred ..
- When You Are Who You Are
- I Think I'll Call It Morn..
- Pieces Of A Man
- A Sign Of The Ages
- Or Down You Fall
- The Needle's Eye
- The Prisoner
- 1. The Revolution Will Not B..
- 2. We Beg Your Pardon (Pardo..
- 3. H2O Gate Blues
- 4. Bottle
- 5. Introduction - The Revolu..
- 6. B Movie
- 7. Message To The Messengers
- 8. Bicentennial Blues
- 9. Madison Avenue
- 10. Lady Day And John Coltran..