Father Hennepin went down to Benningan's
To discuss the construction of the Hennepin Bridge
He had time to kill down by the flour mill
So he planned a picnic lunch on St. Anthony Main
Now Father Hennepin he was notorious
And he liked a little drink down al Nye's Polonaise
His explorations were more than glorious
So they planned to build a bridge that would feature his name
Well first Niagara and then St. Anthony's
Were discovered by the fella with the Hennepin name
But when the lock was filled on the lower falls
Everyone was shopping on the Nicollet Mall
And when the rope was cut on the Hennepin
Father Louis had a most unusual plan
He would take a dip in the Mississippi
He would dive from the center and swim to the dam
When the time had come and he took the plunge
Everybody screamed, "My God! What has he donesd?"
And thoough he tried to swim, the current carried him
Closer and closer to the brink of the falls
The people lined the banks of the Mississipi
To watch Father Hennepin go over the edge
The people there that day, they all swear they say
Father Hennepin was laughing as he fell to his death
- Drugs & Alcohol (Bullet H..
- Take A Chance on Love
- Broken Down Piece of Junk
- We Are the Marauders
- Don't Say You Love Me
- Really Rockabilly
- Rocket Cathedrals
- Mini Bar Blues
- Bad Bad Girl (In a Bad Ba..
- When Hepcat Gets The Blue..
- Everybody's Up To Somethi..
- Back Streets of Tokyo
- The Hennepin Avenue Bridg..
- 1. Red Cadillac & A Blac..
- 2. Really Rockabilly
- 3. Lonely Wolf
- 4. Boppin' The Blues
- 5. Peroxide Blonde (In A Hop..
- 6. Rock N Roll Ruby
- 7. Drugs & Alcohol (Bull..
- 8. When Hepcat Gets The Blue..
- 9. Bad Bad Girl (In a Bad Ba..
- 10. Everybody's Up To Somethi..