Sonnet 129 [feat. William Shatner] - text
The expense of spirit in a waste of shame
Is lust in action; and till action, lust
Is perjured, murd'rous, bloody, full of blame,
Savage, extreme, rude, cruel, not to trust,
Enjoyed no sooner but despisèd straight,
Past reason hunted; and, no sooner had
Past reason hated as a swallowed bait
On purpose laid to make the taker mad;
Mad in pursuit and in possession so,
Had, having, and in quest to have, extreme;
A bliss in proof and proved, a very woe;
Before, a joy proposed; behind, a dream.
All this the world well knows; yet none knows well
To shun the heaven that leads men to this hell.
Take All My Loves - 9 Shakespeare Sonnets
- When I Most Wink (Sonnet ..
- Take All My Loves (Sonnet..
- A Woman's Face (Sonnet 20..
- For Shame (Sonnet 10) [fe..
- When In Disgrace With For..
- A Woman's Face - Reprise ..
- Sonnet 43 [feat. Síán Phi..
- Sonnet 20 [feat. Frally H..
- Sonnet 10 [feat. Petr Eyr..
- Unperfect Actor (Sonnet 2..
- Sonnet 29 [feat. Carrie F..
- Sonnet 129 [feat. William..
- Th' Expense of Spirit in ..
- All Dessen Müd (Sonnet 66..
- Sonnet 87 [feat. Inge Kel..
- Farewell (Sonnet 87) [fea..