Farewell (Sonnet 87) [feat. Anna Prohaska] - text
Farewell! thou art too dear for my possessing,
And like enough thou know'st thy estimate,
The charter of thy worth gives thee releasing;
My bonds in thee are all determinate.
For how do I hold thee but by thy granting?
And for that riches where is my deserving?
The cause of this fair gift in me is wanting,
And so my patent back again is swerving.
Thy self thou gavest, thy own worth then not knowing,
Or me to whom thou gav'st it else mistaking;
So thy great gift, upon misprision growing,
Comes home again, on better judgement making.
Thus have I had thee, as a dream doth flatter,
In sleep a king, but waking no... waking no such matter.
Waking no such matter.
Take All My Loves - 9 Shakespeare Sonnets
- When I Most Wink (Sonnet ..
- Take All My Loves (Sonnet..
- A Woman's Face (Sonnet 20..
- For Shame (Sonnet 10) [fe..
- When In Disgrace With For..
- A Woman's Face - Reprise ..
- Sonnet 43 [feat. Síán Phi..
- Sonnet 20 [feat. Frally H..
- Sonnet 10 [feat. Petr Eyr..
- Unperfect Actor (Sonnet 2..
- Sonnet 29 [feat. Carrie F..
- Sonnet 129 [feat. William..
- Th' Expense of Spirit in ..
- All Dessen Müd (Sonnet 66..
- Sonnet 87 [feat. Inge Kel..
- Farewell (Sonnet 87) [fea..