From the Eastern Mountains - text
From the eastern mountains, pressing on, they come,
Wise men in their wisdom, to His humble home;
Stirred by deep devotion, hasting from afar,
Ever journeying onward, guided by a star.
Light of life that shineth ere the worlds began,
Draw Thou near, and lighten every heart of man.
There their Lord and Savior meek and lowly lay,
Wondrous Light that led them onward on their way,
Ever now to lighten nations from afar,
As they journey homeward by that guiding star.
Thou Who in a manger once hast lowly lain,
Who dost now in glory o’er all kingdoms reign,
Gather in the heathen who in lands afar
Ne’er have seen the brightness of Thy guiding star.
Gather in the outcasts, all who’ve gone astray,
Throw Thy radiance o’er them, guide them on their way.
Those who never knew Thee, those who’ve wandered far,
Guide them by the brightness of Thy guiding star.
Onward through the darkness of the lonely night,
Shining still before them with Thy kindly light.
Guide them, Jew and Gentile, homeward from afar,
Young and old together, by Thy guiding Star.
Until every nation, whether bond or free,
’Neath Thy starlit banner, Jesus, follows Thee.
O’er the distant mountains to that heavenly home,
Where nor sin nor sorrow evermore shall come.
- Good King Wenceslas
- The Holly and the Ivy
- A Boy Is Born in Bethlehe..
- In The Bleak Midwinter
- A Day, a Day of Glory
- A Great and Mighty wonder
- All my Heart this Night R..
- As with Gladness Men of O..
- Ben Jonsons Carol
- Brightest and Best
- Carol of the Bells
- Come, all ye Shepherds
- Come, Ye Lofty
- Coventry Carol
- Cradled in a Manger meanl..
- Earth Today Rejoices
- From Heaven High O Angels..
- From Highest Heaven I Com..
- From the Eastern Mountain..
- It’s Christmas Day
- Gentle Mary Laid Her Chil..
- He Smiles Within His Crad..
- Here Is Joy For Every Age
- See Amid the Winter's Sno..
- Joseph Dearest, Joseph Mi..
- Joy to the World
- Let Earth and Heaven comb..
- Lo! He comes with Clouds ..
- Love Came Down at Christm..
- Maker Of The Sun And Moon
- O Remember Adams fall
- Praise the Saviour All ye..
- The Gloucestershire Wassa..
- Angels we have heard on h..
- The Manger Throne
- While by my Sheep I Watch..
- Glory be to God on High
- Unto Us A Boy Is Born