Bob Dylan - Fourth Time Around - text
When she said,
"Don't waste your words, they're just lies,"
I cried she was deaf.
And she worked on my face until breaking my eyes,
Then said, "What else you got left?"
It was then that I got up to leave
But she said, "Don't forget,
Everybody must give something back
For something they get."
I stood there and hummed,
I tapped on her drum and asked her how come.
And she buttoned her boot,
And straightened her suit,
Then she said, "Don't get cute."
So I forced my hands in my pockets
And felt with my thumbs,
And gallantly handed her
My very last piece of gum.
She threw me outside,
I stood in the dirt where ev'ryone walked.
And after finding I'd
Forgotten my shirt,
I went back and knocked.
I waited in the hallway, she went to get it,
And I tried to make sense
Out of that picture of you in your wheelchair
That leaned up against . . .
Her Jamaican rum
And when she did come, I asked her for some.
She said, "No, dear."
I said, "Your words aren't clear,
You'd better spit out your gum."
She screamed till her face got so red,
Then she fell on the floor,
And I covered her up and then
Thought I'd go look through her drawer.
And when I was through,
I filled up my shoe, and brought it to you.
And you, you took me in,
You loved me then,
You never wasted time.
And I, I never took much,
I never asked for your crutch,
Now don't ask for mine.
Nezařazené v albu
- R.E.M. - All the Right Fr..
- Radiohead - Everything in..
- Paul McCartney - Vanilla ..
- Peter Gabriel - Solsbury ..
- The Monkees - Porpoise So..
- Red House Painters - Have..
- Josh Rouse - Directions
- Leftfield - Africa Shox
- Jeff Buckley - Last Goodb..
- Todd Rundgren - Can We St..
- Bob Dylan - Fourth Time A..
- 1. Radiohead - Everything in..
- 2. Peter Gabriel - Solsbury ..
- 3. Paul McCartney - Vanilla ..
- 4. Bob Dylan - Fourth Time A..
- 5. Todd Rundgren - Can We St..
- 6. Josh Rouse - Directions
- 7. R.E.M. - All the Right Fr..
- 8. Leftfield - Africa Shox
- 9. Red House Painters - Have..
- 10. Jeff Buckley - Last Goodb..