Don't Let the Sun Go Down on Me (Elton John) - text
I can't light no more of your darkness
All my pictures seem to fade to black and white
I'm growing tired and time stands still before me
Frozen here on the ladder of my life
It's too late to save myself from falling
I took a chance and changed your little life
But you misread my meaning when I met you
Closed the door and left me blinded by the light
Don't let the sun go down on me
Although I search myself it's someone else I see
I'd just allow a fragment of your life to wander free
But losing everything is like the sun going down on me
I can't find all the right romantic lines
But see me once and see the way I feel
And don't discard me just because you think I mean you harm
But these cuts I have they need love to help them heal
(repeat chorus twice)
Have Another Ball
- Rich Girl (Hall & Oates)
- The Boxer (Simon & Garfun..
- Country Roads (John Denve..
- I Write the Songs (Barry ..
- Sodomy (Hair - muzikal)
- You've Got a Friend (Jame..
- Mahogany (Diana Ross)
- Mother and Child Reunion ..
- Only the Good Die Young (..
- Coming to America (Neil D..
- The Harder They Come (Jim..
- Don't Let the Sun Go Down..