When Others Sing Venite - text
Or if he's drowned in the deep salt sea
What if he's found another love
And he and his love both married be?
Well, if he's in some battle slain
I will die when the moon doth wane
I'll be true to his memory
And if he's found another love
And he and his love both married be
I'll wish them health and happiness
Where they dwell across the sea
He picked her up all in his arms
Kisses gave her: One, two, three
Said, weep no more, my own true love
I am your long-lost John Riley!
Dowland - Second Booke Of Songs 1600 (The Consort of Musicke & Emma Kirkby)
- I Saw My Lady Weepe
- Flow My Tears
- Sorrow, Stay
- Die not before thy day
- Mourn, mourn, day is with..
- Time's eldest son, Old Ag..
- Then sit thee down and sa..
- When Others Sing Venite
- Praise blindness eyes, fo..
- O sweet woods, the deligh..
- If floods of tears could ..
- Fine Knacks for Ladies
- Now cease my wandering ey..
- Come ye heavy states of n..
- White as Lilies was Her F..
- When others sing 'Venite ..
- Woeful heart with grief o..
- A Shepherd in a shade his..
- Faction that ever dwells ..
- Shall I sue, shall I seek..
- Toss not my soul
- Clear or cloudy sweet as ..
- Humour say what makst tho..