Burst forth my tears - text
Burst forth, my tears, assist my forward grief,
And show what pain imperious Love provokes.
Kind tender lambs, lament Love's scant relief
And pine, since pensive Care my freedom yokes.
O pine to see me pine, my tender flocks.
Sad, sad pining Care, that never may have peace,
At Beauty's gate in hope of pity knocks.
But Mercy sleeps while deep Disdain increase,
And Beauty Hope in her fair bosom locks.
O grieve to hear my grief, my tender flocks.
Like, like to the winds my sighs have winged been,
Yet are my sighs and suits repaid with mocks.
I plead, yet she repineth at my teen.
O ruthless rigour harder than the rocks,
That both the shepherd kills and his poor flocks.
The First Booke of Songs or Ayres 1597 (Consort of Musicke & Emma Kirkby a.j.)
- Unquiet thoughts
- Who ever thinks or hopes ..
- My Thoughts Are Wing'd Wi..
- If my complaints could pa..
- Can She Excuse My Wrongs
- Now, O Now, I Needs Must ..
- Dear, If You Change
- Burst forth my tears
- Go Crystal Tears
- Thinkst thou then by thy ..
- Come Away, Come Sweet Lov..
- Rest Awhile You Cruel Car..
- Sleep wayward thoughts
- All ye, whom love or fort..
- Wilt thou unkind thus rea..
- Would my conceit that fir..
- Come again sweet love dot..
- His golden locks time hat..
- Awake, sweet love
- Awake sweet love thou art..
- Come heavy sleep
- Away with these self-lovi..